Message from The Board Of Directors
The coronavirus 2019 (Covid-19) pandemic is still a concern that is harming economies all over the world. Furthermore, the worsening situation in the Russia-Ukraine war has led to higher energy and commodity prices, as well as worldwide inflation.
Several conditions have made the company’s business operations difficult this fiscal year. As a Board of Directors, we have set solid goals, strategies, and business plans to optimize the organization’s efficiency and effectiveness. In the fiscal year 2021/2022, the following three areas will be prioritized:
1) Pursue continuous business growth through technology and innovation and create goods that adapt to the new normal while regulating the production process to optimum efficiency in alignment with the “Capacities Driven” strategy,
2) Increase market share by expanding the international market to match increased manufacturing capacity.
3) Apply the “USE” policy (U: Utilization resource utilization, S: Save expense savings, and E: Efficiency performance efficiency) and continuously reduce expenses and increase productivity.
Total sales revenue from all three major businesses was 11,739.6 million baht in the fiscal year 2021/2022, up 22.7% from the previous year, with a total net profit of 1,602.4 million baht, up 31.2%. The thermal insulation business has profited from the United States’ strong economic recovery, which has relieved lockdowns following the rush of vaccines and government assistance programs. Domestic sales grew gradually in line with the construction industry. According to the automobile industry at home and abroad, the automotive parts and accessories business is doing well. Although, in the second half of the fiscal year 2021/2022, Australian businesses were impacted by COVID-19 lockdowns in some places and delays in delivering new automobiles owing to Semiconductor shortages. Sales have improved in the plastic packaging business, particularly in food box packaging, as consumers in the new normal prefer to order delivery food. However, operational pressures remain, such as rising petrochemical raw material prices and higher shipping costs, which the company has closely monitored and managed.
The Board of Directors decided to pay an interim dividend of 0.14 baht per share for the first six months of 2021/2022 as a consequence of the previous performance, totaling 392 million baht. The dividend was given to shareholders on December 8, 2021, and it was decided to propose approval of the annual dividend payment at the rate of Baht 0.19 per share, totaling 532 million baht, to the 2021/2022 Annual General Meeting of Shareholders. The overall dividend payout for the year will be 924 million baht or 57.9% of the net profit (Payout ratio)
Our business success is to be a world-class innovative leader and a global manufacturer and distributor for sustainable growth.
Creative Innovation Organization
Apart from ongoing R&D for the company’s product development, the company believes that innovation is at the heart of developing sustainably and living with every change. Faced with a shortage of patient beds due to the Covid-19 pandemic, EPG and Aeroklas Co., Ltd. has taken advantage of existing technology by researching, developing, designing, and testing innovative emergency products such as the “Aeroklas Field Hospital Bed,” which are plastic beds that can be easily cleaned and disinfected. With the help of partners such as plastic pellet manufacturers, bedding manufacturers, public relations groups, and transportation groups, more than 6,324 socially assisted “Aeroklas Field Hospital Beds” for society, totaling 18,972,000 baht, were given to the 116 field hospitals, and waiting centers nationwide.
Aeroflex USA Inc.’s foreign investment in the United States to expand manufacturing capacity lowers production costs and improves efficiency, allowing the company to develop further into the ultra-low-temperature insulation business. For its Australian business, TJM Products Pty. Ltd. (TJM) has launched two more stores in TJM Hobart, Tasmania, and Epping, Victoria, bringing the total number of TJM stores in Australia to six. For an investment to generate continuous growth, Aeroklas Co., Ltd., and Australia Pty. Ltd. established the ATD Alliance (Pty) Ltd South Africa joint venture to manufacture and sell auto parts and accessories, while Aeroklas Europe BV Netherlands established a subsidiary to operate warehouse and logistics services as well as become a dealer of OEM and After-Market automobile parts, equipment, and accessories for European automotive manufacturers.
To create Sustainable Growth
EPG’s growth is dedicated to the organization’s mission to expand with innovations that generate, produce, quality products, help society, and improve well-being, as well as establish business network stability to support growth in the worldwide market to achieve sustainable business growth. In the fiscal year of 2021/2022, the Board of Directors follows good governance principles in corporate operations, resulting in.
- The company is rated as an “Excellent CG Scoring” company with a 5-star ranking, reflecting the company’s intention to grow its business with good governance and sustainable development.
- Certified project membership of the CAC (Collective Action Coalition of the Private Sector Against Corruption), showing its clear intention to fight against corruption.
- Outstanding Investor Relations Awards for listed companies with market capital values above 10,000 million baht but not exceeding Baht 30,000 million. The “SET Awards 2021” was organized by the Stock Exchange of Thailand in collaboration with the Bank’s Financial Journal.
- Received the 2021 Sustainable Stock Plague at the “SET Awards 2021,” sponsored by the Stock Exchange of Thailand in partnership with the Bank’s Financial Journal. The award honors the organization’s steady expansion while adhering to the values of good governance, risk management, commercial innovation, stakeholder and society, and community focus.
On behalf of the Board of Directors, we would like to express our sincere gratitude to all employees, business partners, customers, shareholders, and relevant parties for your ongoing support and faithful trust. We are committed to achieving our business growth in compliance with good governance and sustainability with the balance of all stakeholders.